Ruth Edge Chair 2022
The LGIG Group (LGIG) with it’s Committee was formed out of the ECM Step Program Committee. The ECM Step Program Committee formed in 2008 with the support of the Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV). Why was this necessary? The Victorian Auditor Generals Office Victoria published a illuminating report on the state of public record keeping in Victorian Agencies in 2006. The Report highlighted the critical need to address record keeping capability and capacity across the sector. Establishing the ECM Step Program was the first step in Local Governments response to this Report. The ECM Step Program has assisted agencies to lift their record keeping profile and thus the support for raising the standards of record keeping within their organisations.
In 2014 it had become evident that the shift towards digital business was gaining momentum and that a broader focus was needed to meet the demands for effective digital record keeping. The broader criteria of information management and information governance was not well understood or supported in the sector and that gap needed to be addressed. The LGIG morphed from the ECM Step Program to meet that demand.
The LGIG Committee is formed by election from member Councils. Member Council’s pay a small annual fee to maintain the network, upkeep the wiki content (this site and the closed members section), engage speakers and fund training. Training and workshop content is available to all member Councils from the member only wiki.
For more on our history and what we are doing today follow this link.
All Councils are welcome to participate in meetings and put forward to become an active Committee member.
In 2021 – 2022 Committee members are:
- Chair – Ruth Edge – Team Leader Information Management – Cardinia Shire Council
- Vice Chair – Vacant
- Secretary – Vacant
- Treasurer – Marie Steer – Information Management Team Leader – City of Port Phillip
- Education – Vacant
- Web Administrator – Ruth Edge – Team Leader Information Management – Cardinia Shire Council
- Website Administrator Support – Jess Sharlott – Business Support and Liaison Officer – Cardinia Shire Council
- Tim Newbegin – Information Management Coordinator – Wyndham City Council
- Todd Tinker – Information Management Policy Specialist – Casey City Council
- Bev Bell – Team Leader Information Management – Greater Shepparton City Council
- Belinda Penny – Information Management and Governance Officer – Yarriambiack Shire Council
- Amanda Davison – Information Manager – City of Ballarat
To read the purpose of the LGIG Committee follow this link – Who are the LGIG Committee?
There are two ways to become involved in the LGIG Committee